Monday, February 6, 2012

Warmer Days and Super Bowl!

I’ve been talking about my one dog a lot, and it will come up again later on today, but I thought I would focus the beginning on how the girls are doing. 

We had a couple ‘warmer’ days and Hannah finally had a chance to test out some of her outdoor Christmas toys.  She got to test out her new VW Beetle and drove it all over.  Only problem is that when she hits the gas pedal, she is always looking to see if I’m watching her, so she isn’t watching where she’s going.  But overall, did pretty well driving it.  We’re working on the whole steering thing.  Hannah also got to try out her tricycle.  Her feet almost reach the peddles!  She can get the wheel turned half way, which essentially means she can move forward about 2 inches and then move backwards 2 inches.  But she was super excited! 

On Tuesday night Daddy went to a Flyers game.  At dinner I was explaining to Hannah that Daddy went to a hockey game.  Literally that’s all I said.  And Hannah asks me if Daddy is going to wear a helmet (I sweat she’s a genius).  I explained that he is only watching the game and doesn’t need a helmet.  She then tells me that she is going to wear a helmet so she doesn’t fall down.  That’s when it dawns on me that she was watching football and is a little confused.  So I attempt to explain that.  But that doesn’t get me anywhere.  She was very determined that when she gets older, she’s gonna wear a helmet so she doesn’t fall down.  So my daughter has great aspirations to be either a football or hockey player.  Anything that requires her to wear a helmet. 

And my little Addie is speed crawling now.  We find her all over.  And we’re moving towards walking!  She loves to hold hands and walk, but when she has a toy walker, she’ll only go 1-2 steps and then kneel and kneel and push the cars.  The greatest thing she does right now is scrunch her nose when she is laughing.  I would love to show you all a picture, but for the life of me she won’t do it when the camera is out. 

Now I’m being asked what Addie wants for her 1st Birthday!  Yikes!  I don’t know.  I still have 1 ½ months to plan and think about it.  Don’t make it come any faster!

And of course, we can’t go a week without a Foster story.  To keep a long story short, I’ll just number out the details – (background is we are hosting the Super Bowl party with 15 adults and 10 kids)

1. Projector lightbulb on big TV goes out at 7am on Saturday morning
2. Put TV on ground and we all run out to drive an hr to get a new lightbulb
3. Daddy gets TV all back together and put on TV stand and it doesn’t work at all
4. Something is dripping down the back of the TV
5. Foster peed on our TV.  On the back, into the wires. 
6. Daddy spends 5 hrs blow drying the back of the TV
7. TV works, cable box blows.  Daddy runs out to get a new cable box ½ hr before Comcast closes
8. TV works great on Saturday night and all day Sunday.
9. TV blows 5 mins before Super Bowl halftime. 

We did see the rest of the game.  Just on a much smaller TV.  Thank you everyone that was there for being good sports J

I need to start writing a little more frequently so these aren’t so long J

No comments:

Post a Comment