Monday, January 30, 2012

Stomach Virus and Dog Training

What a week!  I've been blessed in the fact that if either of my kids are sick, they don't act like it.  They don't slow down or stop eating too much and they still smile and nap the same.  Unfortunately, that makes it tough to tell when they might actually be sick. 

So Sunday Addie threw up in the car (in her baby car seat).  Then about 2hrs later, she threw up again, this time all over my sister's nice new rug.  Right before this, I fed her a bottle and then immediately picked her up to get her hand print on the painting we were doing.  So I thought I might have pushed her little belly a little too hard while picking her up. 

As a side note, I appreciate the fact that my sister and her husband use my family as a learning tool of things to come in their future.  In the 2 hrs we were at their house, one daughter threw up and the other one was painting on their new dining room table.  And even though we took precautions to keep it clean, she's still only two and likes to get up with paint on her fingers.  Thankfully, the only damage was to the rug.

Then on Wednesday, Addie threw up again at dinner.  I coughed this up to her gag reflex and gagged on a small piece of meatloaf.  We took a picture and sent it to my sister.  Addie was smiling and laughing and the table, floor, and Foster's head were dirty. 

By Friday afternoon, Hannah lost her lunch.  Then proceeded again at dinner, 9:30 at night, and a little of breakfast the next morning. 

So by Saturday afternoon, I had completed 5 different loads of laundry of just throw up.  Awesome.  All the while, both girls were still happy and playing, no fevers, and acting normal. 

Saturday morning we had our second round of a personal visit from a dog trainer, Lisa, to help with Foster's anxiety (he gets SUPER excited when he is outside and sees other dogs).  She was very nice and provided us with great training ideas to help us move in the right direction.  Our goal is to be able to walk both dogs, at the same time, with both girls, and get back into our family walks.  Lisa had 5 kids in 6 years and has 6 dogs!  Why do I think my life it hectic sometimes! 

Anyway, last week we decided to allow Foster to not be in a crate while we were out.  He did great last week.  We tried this again on Sunday.  We went to dinner at my parent's house and we were going to be out of the house for about 6 hrs.  When we got home, I was so excited because the house was still clean (nothing was chewed, no mess anywhere).  Then I went upstairs to put Addie to bed and I had to go into my room to turn the heat up.  I could smell something, but couldn't tell where the heck it was coming from.  Turns out Foster had an accident on our bed.  Our bedroom was the only door left open because his bed is in there.  But rather then pee on his bed, he peed on our bed.  So at 8pm on Sunday night, I'm taking off our down comforter and doing more laundry.  I got to sleep last night with a sheet and some knitted blankets.  We only have one down comforter.  Foster passed out cold in his bed.  Good boy. 

He's out the crate again for Monday - this time for 7 hrs.  Can't wait to get home today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment