Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hardest Workout Ever (well at least in a long time)

Before I even start this, let me just say I can't stand laptops sometimes.  I just wrote this whole blog out and then my finger must have slipped and the whole thing disappeared.  Awesome. 

So, now onto the actual blog -

I recently started working out again and I've actually gotten a pretty good routine down.  Normally the girls are both asleep by 8:30 and I'm in the basement by 8:45pm.  Last night was raining and dark out, so I thought I would be able to put Hannah down a little early.  I got her down and then I got ready and was in the basement when I heard her yelling for me.  Normally I would put in the effort to keep her in her room and go to sleep.  But I knew if I did that, I wouldn't feel like working out after.  So I allowed her to come into the basement with me.

I set up a chair infront of the TV, thinking this would keep her occupied.  I was wrong (which is often the case with the kids, apparently we don't think the same way). 

Hannah ran, did lunges, girl push-ups, and squats all directly next to me.  Which doesn't really sound that bad, but when you are trying to concentrate on counting to 50, someone in your face asking your questions gets kind of tough. 

Our basement isn't finished, so the first batch of questions were about the basement - "what is the pole for" "why are there so many" "what's on the ceiling" "what do they do (pipes)".  Then I got on the treadmill "why is the mat moving" "what's up there (the time and distance clock)" "why do your knees go fast" "when is it my turn"

After about the 20th question, I asked her "Can you please go ask Daddy questions?"  Her reply "No, I'm a girl, I stay with you because you're a girl." 

But I did finish the work out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment