Monday, June 4, 2012

What have We Been Doing?

So while my original intention was to work on this blog weekly, I have already slowly been slipping.  I use to work on this blog at night, after the girls went to bed. 

See the problem with that, is that Day Light Savings Time kindly messed up that schedule.  The girls use to go to bed between 7-7:30, which gave me time to do general clean up and then do this one a week. 

Now bedtime has been pushed back to 8:30 for Hannah because she doesn't like to go to bed until it is dark out.  We actually debated about getting her darker curtains. 

But while this has pushed back my general routine so that I have no time between their bedtime and my bedtime, it does make our general playtime sooo much better.  Now when we get home from school/work, we can have dinner and then go outside to PLAY!  YEAH!

So I'm going to try to improve and get back in the swing of things...

Here are some things we've been up to:
  • I come downstairs from putting Addie's PJ's on and ask Hannah if she is done coloring.  Hannah says Yes.  I say, why don't we go put all your markers away.  Hannah says "today's a special day, I'm going to sleep in my clothes today."  No, you're still putting on PJ's, not that I know entirely what that has to do with putting your markers away
  • Kids 'professional' pictures are next weekend.  Hannah has been planning her outfit and decided that she has nice curls and wants to wear her hair down.
  • Addie is walking all over and up the stairs.  She is really into books and being outside (loves the swings) 
  • Hannah and Addie are actually starting to play together.  I'll come in the room and they'll be on Hannah's bed together playing/reading. 
  • Hannah is really starting to be a great big sister.  She'll rub Addie's back when Addie is crying and tell her everything is going to be OK. She also will help get anything out of Addie's room (sneakers, socks, toys, diapers, whatever). 
  • I say, "Hannah, I think that shirt's getting a little too small for you"  Hannah says "I know, but when it gets bigger, Daddy can wear it." 
  • Hannah is really into Boys vs Girls.  Meaning, all the girls go for walks together (Mommy, Hannah, Addie, and Bailey) and the boys (Daddy and Foster) go next.  Or all the girls stay upstairs together and the boys stay downstairs. 
And as a random side note, Call Me Maybe is on constant repeat in my head for weeks at a time. 

See you all next week!  I'll try to put pictures up (our computer crashed and Kodak Gallery was bought out to Shutterfly, so I'm a little behind on getting pictures downloaded)

No comments:

Post a Comment